The awareness regarding the harmful effects of chemical, synthetics, animal oil etc used in beauty and grooming products has increased to a great extent in the last few years. But not to surprise this awareness is moreover restricted to girls and women while on the other hand, men are mostly ignorant of the fact. While girls consider composition, brand image, skin type etc before buying cosmetics, boys mostly go with brand and friends referral. But this casual approach can invite serious issues like rashes, acne, hair-damage/thinning or in the worst case scenario possibility of impotence and skin cancer can also not be denied. Thereby, here we are giving a list of dos and don’ts for every man to follow before buying grooming products-
1. Check composition – Today, everyone has access to mobile internet so not checking the composition before buying can’t be your excuse. You can google it or some of the products even mention the side-effect on their rapper or manuals so must check that before buying.
2. Experts suggestion – our purchase decision are majorly influenced by advertisement instead of the experts’ suggestion and because of that we usually end up buying something which is not required for our skin or even harmful to our skin. Most of the ads of cosmetics and grooming products are misleading.
3. Testers – Now, if you have already bought the product without consulting the expert or googling, so before using it on the sensitive part of your body just do one thing. Apply it on your forearm and mark that part with a marker. It is called a sensitivity check. Most of the cosmetics shops offer tester to check the sensitivity of the skin towards particular composition.
4. know your skin – Mostly, we men don’t even know about our own skin type and our cosmetic choices are based on the weather viz. in winter, we buy random cold cream while random SPF cream in summer. But every cream is manufactured for a particular skin type and to complete the requirement of skin. Buying products without knowing your skin is like hiring maths tutor for a student who is already good in maths.
5. Natural and herbal products– Nowadays, more and more people are switching to herbal and natural products. The natural products nourish the skin in the most natural way causing no side -effects. But the important issue with the herbal products is choosing the right brand. Recently I came across a cosmetics brand named Inatur and its products have really amazed me. It’s 100% natural and 100% herbal and most importantly they have a wide range of products in men’s section.
1. A referral is good but don’t rely on it completely because we all have a different skin type
2. Don’t experiment much because it can make your skin dull and infertile
3. Try to stick to one product even if you are required to visit the different saloons.