"Dil Ki Basti Purani Dilli Hai Jo bhi guzra hai us ne luuta hai" - BASHIR BADR
The “Asali Dilli” (original Delhi) is still alive in the narrow lanes, crowded street, low hanging Criss-cross wire, the fragrance of Desi Ghee and endless hubbubs. Chaotic for People from the other side of the world might find it chaotic, but the Chandni Chowk is the city with full of life, energy, colours and affection. There is an unprecedented peace amidst all these chaos.
The area, once the capital of mighty Mughals, hosts numerous architectural excellence and cordon bleu cuisine.
So, here I have curated a list of 5 top eateries in this food capital of India which you cannot afford to miss-
1. Bishan Swaroop Chaat Bhandaar
It is near Townhall exit from Chandani Chowk Metro station. It’s 100 years old eatery, famous for fruit chat and different varieties of Aloo Chaat. They mix around 5 types of masala powder and 3 types of liquid to prepare the yummy chaat.
2. Old and famous Jalebi Wala
At- Dariba Chandani Chowk (Near Lal Qila Metro Station)
What to eat – Rabri Jalebi ( INR 75.00)
They serve best Jalebi in Delhi along with delicious Rabdi.
3. Natraj Dahi Bhallaa Corner
At- Townhall, Chandni Chowk
What to eat – Dahi Bhalla
4. Pandit Kanhaiya Lal Durga Prasad Dixit Paranthewalla – Paranwthe is so important part of Old Delhi food culture that an entire lane has been named after Pranwthe as Paranthe Walli Galli.
In this narrow lane, there are dozens of eateries serving parantha and claiming to carry the legacy. But it is the Pandit Kanhaiya Lal Durga Prasad Dixit Parnathewalla which is oldest and had served many great names including Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru, Ranbir Kapoor etc.
5. Daulat Ki Chaat – This iconic chaat is synonymous with the crowded street of Old Delhi. Daulat ki chaat is a unique dessert which disappears the moment you put in the mouth leaving behind an impressive taste of mawa and flavour of saffron.